Tuesday, February 3, 2009

my parents' hometown

My parents are shall we say childhood sweethearts. They grew up in the same neighborhood, in the same province - that is in the beautiful islands of Pilar, Camotes. The last time we get to visit the place as a family was when i was still in grade one. My mother only came home sometime last year to take care of some important documents. As for myself, I got a chance to visit the neighboring towns & islands end of last month and was so surprised to see major changes. Roads are now cemented. Households have electricity and water supply unlike before wherein i have to go to the 'tabay'. Well, of course, given some ages ago, these changes should take place already. And oh my, gone are the nipa houses. There still exist some nipa houses but majority of the houses are the same houses you can see in the city. My friend told me it's because people are working abroad that's why they are able to build big houses. One of our neighbors before even have a Wilmington NC real estate, let alone getting a real estate in the province. Whew! If i have money today, i'd invest buying a property in Camotes. The place is great for vacation and relaxation. As long as i have 'puto' and fried fish, i'm great.

0 sweet thoughts: