Monday, October 20, 2008

don't forget to back up!

Don't forget to back up, your files that is. You may never want to experience the horror i had last week when my hard drive in the office crashed just like what i mentioned in my previous post. And i don't have any back up to all of my recent files at that. I was so worried i can't think placidly. Here's what actually happened. Logging on to my account would take me hours. I tried logging in other workstations and everything's okay. I asked some people to login in my PC and it's the same thing, they could not login immediately. The IT personnel advised me to save my files while they still can access the hard disk without logging on to the network. I was glad i managed to save my files despite the fact that i was having almost 3 days downtime.

0 sweet thoughts: