Tuesday, August 12, 2008

my late night trips to the pharmacy

Oftentimes, when i leave the office, malls and department stores are already closed. That means i'll end up shopping in a pharmacy near the office.

Here are rather funny things i encountered last night:

1. I've been trying to become a KSM member. Meaning become a certified and loyal patron and get this card and then earn points everytime i buy something from them. To get the card, you have to pay P100.00 or accumulate P1000.00 worth of receipts. I finally got my card through the receipts and was excited to present it to the cashier - only to be surprised when the cashier gave me 1 peso instead! "Maam, we forgot to swipe your card, here's your 1 peso. For every 200.00 worth of purchase, you get 1 point/1 peso." Ah ok, i stood for seconds comtemplating whether or not to accept the 1 peso. All along, my excitement was just worth 1 peso!

2. I wanted to buy instant coffee mix. I took me a lot of thinking when i saw this coffee brand that has a lot of variety - 4 in 1, 5 in 1 and 7 in 1. Huh? That complicated? I only knew of 3 in 1?

3. Upon leaving the pharmacy, the guard told me "ingat Maam!" They must have hired a new guard. The previous guard wouldn't open up the door for you!

It won't be long until the pharmacists and cashiers would identify me whenever they see me anywhere else.

6 sweet thoughts:

CHIKAI ♥ said...

ah, grabe sad ng 7 in 1 lan oi. hehehe. unsa may sagol ato? mahibulong man sad ta. hehe.

btw, got something for here!

http://www.blogsilog.com/?p=1116

Ylan said...

chikai - lagi, daghan sya ug sagul, naa man tu ginseng, grape seed, mushroom ug unsa pa to hehe... ok thanks sa tag, ill check it out :)

splat said...

kalagot manang KSM card uy... pang-masa kuno pero istrikto kaayo... mo-reset ra ba na imong points kung wala kay purchase within 3months... kasuway pod ko gihatagan piso kay nalimtan ug swipe... paksyet!!

Ylan said...

splat - mao ba? ka wa gud diay raru? puerte raba jud nako tigum sa akong resibo tawon aron maka-card nako... paghatag sa piso bah kay kataw-onon ko nga dili haha!

splat said...

ang akong natigom before ko minglarga kay 19 points ra gyud... equivalent to 19 pesos... atay kuwang ra mani i-plete...

Ylan said...

splat - mao gyud! murag SM advantage card! akong nakuha kay ige ra gerenew sa card, way gamit!